Re: lilo

It's just how lilo works.

There is a hint in the manpage as to a case you may want to be in a
different directory other than your / directory (the -r switch, which
does a chroot to the dir you specify).  The example given where this may
be useful is if you are repairing a setup from a boot floppy.

>   It seems to me that everytime I upgraded or installed a new
>   version of the lilo, the configuration would also failed unless
>   the currect directory is at root ('/').
>
>   Any idea why and/or fixes?  TIA!

Ours is not to reason why, just to get on with it!!!

Jonathan