Re: imp

Hi Matthew,

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Matthew Thompson wrote:

> The only thing I'm wondering about now is whether to switch from qpopper
> over to an IMAP-based mail system.  Part of the reason for this is that
> IMP still wants to display IMAP as the default Server, even though I
> changed the value in defaults.php3.in to 'pop3' & '110' (port) and ran
> update-imp.  I also want users to have access to their mail folders, which
> I believe becomes possible with an IMAP-based system, correct?
>
> Are there any issues to consider when converting from POP3 to IMAP?  Any
> recommendations as to which package is easiest to set up for a small
> system? (fewer than 20 users)  Anything else to consider? Anyone? Bueller?
> ;)

The system I setup is using IMAP; I didn't receive any complains from my
users, so I assume it's working fine. Most of them use webmail as well
as pine (when locally logged in). I'm using imap (4.7-7) and didn't have
troubles with it.

HTH

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21
                   http://www.revistalinux.com.br