Re: Using Netmeeting thought a Debian Firewall

Jay Kelly <neutec@debiandomain.com> wrote:

>Will NetMeeting work thought a firewall or will I need to port
>the box to let it out. If I reme\mber right in the past I was able to
>send video out but not receive it for the other side. Anyone haveany
>ideas to fix this ? And what port will I need to open if this is the case ?

I asked about this on linux-net coupla months ago and basically
you'll have to hunt down existing attempts at a module (a la icmp, ftp..)
and go from there. Because NetWeeping needs two ports, which
differ(?) each time you just can't assume that by opening your firewall
it will work..
Check the linux-net archives.

HTH
--