HOW-TO report a bug?

Hi,

I cannot report a bug using neither reportbug nor bug.
The problem is that even I have set the EMAIL environment
or using the --email opt to set my from: line, the bug
message sent were still using my local not-FQDN hostname
hence got to be rejected by Debian's SMTP server. (only
that reportbug sent a bcc: to the mail addr suggested
in --email.) My message got rejected saying by Debian
SMTP server that he cannot route to me after the MAIL
FROM: <zw@thunder> .

Please help! Thanks!
Please Cc: me!