Re: apt-move, merge ??

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 01:20, Rogerio Brito wrote:
> On Jul 06 2000, Pann McCuaig wrote:
> > apt-move rocks! The idea of building a partial local mirror using
> > debs downloaded by apt-get is right on.
>
> 	Indeed it does. It's a great idea to manage debs downloaded.
> 	That means that it also saves me from typing apt-get
> 	autoclean. :-)
>
> 	I usually build a partial local mirror and then burn copies on
> 	CDs so that I can give them to friends (with some extras like
> 	StarOffice and Helix Gnome).
>
> > So how do I download those packages only once?
>
> 	I usually use
>
> 	# apt-get -d install <package>
>
> 	It only downloads the packages and then I use apt-move to move
> 	them to my local mirror.
>
> 	Hope this helps, Roger...

Well, I'd already grokked this much. But that requires

# apt-get -s install <package> ...

on the client machine (to see what that machine needs). I'd hoped to
forego the -s and move them to the server after they were installed.

Thanks for the response.

Cheers,
 Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\