Re: X fonts (2)

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Marcio Rosa da Silva wrote:

> I have another problem with the fonts in X.
>
> I installed the freefont package but gimp doesn't find the fonts. I simply
> installed the .deb and didn't make anything else.
>
> The fonts are in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/freefont/
>
> Should I run some program to gimp recognize the fonts? (I already rebooted
> the computer).

Trying to solve this problem I found this:

% ls /etc/X11/fonts/
100dpi/  75dpi/  misc/

% ls /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/
100dpi/  75dpi/  freefont/  misc/  sharefont/

Could this be the problem? If so, how can I fix it?

[]s,

Marcio

 * MARCIO ROSA DA SILVA                    e-mail: marcio@exatas.unisinos.br
 * Assistant Professor                             mrsva@iname.com
 * Electrical Engineering Department
 * Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos - UNISINOS
 * Av. Unisinos, 950
 * Sao Leopoldo - RS - Brazil
 * Phone: +55 51 590-3333 R:1781/1782
 *   FAX: +55 51 590-8172