Re: kernel 2.2.17 boot disk prob! (HELP!)

Sven wrote

> Hi all
>
> Is there really nobody helping me with this?! :((
> I *need* help, so please...

It may be that no-one who has read this has seen this particular problem
before.

> On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 11:44:05PM +0200, Sven Burgener wrote:
> >

> > When booting with the new boot disk, though, I get "L" and then zillions
> > of 0's and 1's. I then have to three-finger-salute the box. :(

I boot from my HD, but I make boot floppies when I install a new kernel.
My boot floppies DO work, and my /etc/lilo.conf looks like this:

prompt
boot=/dev/hda1
root=/dev/hda1
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=ext
delay=20
image=/boot/vmlinuz
	label=linux
	read-only

Here's yours:

> -- /etc/lilo.conf --
> boot=/dev/fd0
       ^^^^^^^^
> root=/dev/hdb3
>
> #compact
> install=/boot/boot.b
> map=/boot/map
> delay=20
> vga=normal
>
> default=Linux
>
> image=/vmlinuz
> 	label=Linux
> 	read-only
> #	restricted
> #	alias=1
> -- /etc/lilo.conf --

Try changing the line "boot=/dev/fd0" to "boot=/dev/hdb3" in your lilo.conf

I believe this may work, as long as your /dev/hdb3 partition is not beyond
your BIOS and/or LILO limitations.

--
ptw
miscelaneous endeavors