Re: Pb installing Debian 2.1

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 06:23:09PM +0200, Benoit NOSS wrote:
> Hello,
> In the installation process of the Debian 2.1 distribution, I missed an
> important step : I did something wrong and I could not choose an
> installation profile. I have a base system working.

You've actually done yourself a favor.

> Can I use dselect
> with an option or something equivalent to install with a profile or do I
> have to install the rest of my system package by package with deselect?

I'd strongly recommend the latter option.  Pick the packages you want.
Debian's magic is in filling in the dependencies.  Do this a few
packages at a time (complex installs can be rough on both the system and
yourself).  Layer your system together over the course of a few days to
a week.  You'll have a much better idea of what's on your system and how
it's put together.

I generally recommend skipping the "profile" installation, and doing a
package-by-package installation instead.