Re: X-Server configuration

Grab the XF86Config file generated by your Suse installation, copy it in place of the
Debian one, and that should work, since you say it worked.
Otherwise, I suppose your current result comes from the sync rate range of your
monitor that you entered in the config. XFree86 will discard all modes (modelines)
that it finds that lead to frequencies above or under this range, hence falling back
to the 320x204 mode in your case.
Last try when I come to think to it:
did you check that it is not the case that 320x204 is the first mode defined in your
configuration (and thus the default starting one)? Try typing Ctrl_Alt_+ and
Ctrl_Alt_- to switch to another mode :-)

HTH

Marcel Karras wrote:

> I also tried using the SVGA-Server but there was the same problem. Only a
> resolution of 320x204. Perhaps my graphic-card could not be detected. I
> thougt it would work with the system. Could it be the case that I only have
> the kernel version 2.0.x?
> And could it depend on the sync rate of the monitor too?
> I don't really know. I did the same configuration with a SuSE-distribution
> (it's not as well and secure as the Debian one) and all worked well.
> So, do you or someone else know where the problem is?

33,av. de la gare                            \_-//' /  //'
1001 LAUSANNE SUISSE                           \ ///  //'