Re: netscape 4.73 & su -

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 12:22:42PM +0200, Marc O. Sandlus wrote:
> Christophe TROESTLER wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a strange experience on my box.  Here it goes: suppose you have
> > two accounts "prem" and "sec".  Do

> > everything is fine.  If somebody know why this happens and a
> > workaround, I will be glad to hear them.
>
> Hi Christophe,
>
> Yes, I experience the same. In fact, "netscape" is just a wrapper script
> which tries to connect to a running netscape instance, and if it exists,
> just opens a new window.  Unfortunately, this wrapper script doesn't
> seem to distinguish between different user's instances of netscape.

This sound suspiciously familiar from RedHat and related systems, but
not Debian AFAIK.  The commonality is that the wrapper looks for an
existing Netscape instance on the same display.  Drives me *buggy* when
I'm logged in to multiple systems and I want to launch (or *have* to
launch) a Netscape session on a remote system, say, to use help files on
some fscking broken proprietary database install instructions....

Don't recall having the problem with Debian though.

> Try netscape --no-remote to disable this behaviour.

I'll try to remember this myself.