Re: Postfix troubles

But then how come sending email to ssahmed@localhost sends it correctly
to my local user account ? Why should root@localhost be treated/relayed
any differently than ssahmed@localhost ?

    MK> ISP.  You should check your /etc/aliases and delete the alias to
    MK> the root. And also the relayhost.  (smtp.pathcom.com) If you try
    MK> to send a mail to your own root, you always will have to enter
    MK> following recipint: root@localhost (there mustn't be any aliases
    MK> to root or lacalhost) And if you try to send a message to your
    MK> ISP-POP-account then you have to input: ssahmed@smtp.pathcom.com
    MK> You could only contruct an alias to these both (ssahmed and
    MK> smpt.pathcom.com). But no aliases to root and localhost.
    MK> Perhaps there's the problem.

But if I remove the relayhost line from /etc/main.cf, how will I be able
to send email to any other internet users e.g. this list, etc. ?

This problem still persists. Its problematic because I have some
programs installed on my system that send notification email to root
e.g. logcheck.

Thanks for your reply.

Any other suggestions ? Anybody else experience this behaviour with
postfix ?

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com

http://www.pathcom.com/~ssahmed
GnuPG Key fingerprint = A6DB 6C85 DE5A 33BB E873  E437 58B2 09CD 977B 900B