Re: Postfix troubles

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 08:36:21PM -0400,
S.Salman Ahmed <ssahmed@pathcom.com> wrote:
> I am having some problems with Postfix. I added the following lines to
> /etc/postfix/main.cf after reading the Postfix FAQ esp. the Dialup
> section:
>
> relayhost = smtp.pathcom.com
>
> delay_warning_time = 4
>
> With this configuration change, I can send email to non-local address
> without any problems.
>
> Also, I am able to send email to my local account (ie
> ssahmed@localhost). However, I can't seem to send email to the root user
> locally. Whenever I try, Postfix relays email for root@localhost to my
> ISP's smtp server which bounces it back to me.

I also have to use a dialup account, and the only changes i made
to the default Postfix configuration were the following lines:

relayhost = mail.netdoor.com
home_mailbox = Maildir/

The first line is related to the dialup link, and the second is
for Maildirs. With this setup, i am able to send mail to root
without problems. Do you have an alias for root in /etc/aliases?

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
 necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are
 going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as
 they fly overhead."
 --RFC 1925