2.1 or 2.2, help!!

  I haven´t install Debian yet but I want to do it this week.
  My question is:
  May I Install 2.1 and upgrade the packages waiting until 2.2 become
stable or install potato and upgrade for the 2.2 stable version
when it be released?
  And somebody have any idea about when 2.2 will become stable?

  I know that this kind of questions are boring for people that are
using Debian years ago but I really want Debian installed in my
computer soon.

                                     Thank you,
                                Ricardo Gabriel Herdt