Re: Viper V550

Ton Sonnemans wrote:

> Yes, so far so good but when I start XF86Setup I don't see my Card listed.
> Is it dependend on other files or what??
> Please help me, I'm a beginner and want to get it running but I don't seem
> to get my Viper 550 Card up and running, maybe someone with the same card
> can mail me what package I need to get my Card listed in XF86Setup.

This may or may not help, but when I was running slink and trying to get
my Viper 770 working, I needed a newer X than ships in slink.  Add this
line to your /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://www.debian.org/~vincent xfree-update main

As root, do
1) apt-get update
2) apt-get upgrade

Presuming that the 550 is supported by the version of X in vincent's
source, you should be able to run XF86Setup and have the new SVGA server
find your card.

jpb
--
Joe Block <jpb@creol.ucf.edu>
CREOL System Administrator

Social graces are the packet headers of everyday life.