Re: diskus on distribution contents?

Message from To debian-user@lists.debian.org at 28/06/00 12:07:55PM:

> >I wonder why nisplus is not provided by Debian's...
>
> Probably because no-one has so far been interested in packaging it, or
> adding it to an existing package.

Not so:

http://www.realbodo.de/debian

these packages work very nicely and are currently running on 15 or so
lab machines for me.   They were a godsend when we phased out yp
compatibility mode, and I was trying to hack the stuff from SuSE..

I would think that the NIS+ stuff has some licensing issues (sun
binary licence.... BAAAD!), or something as such.

Michael Janssen
CNS Network Administrator
University of Northern Iowa
janssen@cns.uni.edu