Re: .muttrc

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 12:37:24PM -0700, cls--colo spgs wrote:
> debs,
>
> ...thought i'd devote some energy to get mutt 1.0.1-9
> working on my potato deskbox.
>
> my issue is that the "from" addy isn't correct.
>
> the man, faq, and howto specify to modify ~/.muttrc,
> which i don't have.
>
> i even tried setting my email addy (at "set hostname")
> in Muttrc, to no avail.
>
> (btw, i can send email using mail, exim, or mutt.)
>
> ...suggestions.

Quick fix is copy the /etc/Muttrc file to ~/.muttrc and add the my_header line from the previous reply.  Then you get pretty colors already.  Or go to /usr/doc/mutt and there are some sample configs there.  And there is also a manual in that dir also.

At the mutt homepage, http://www.mutt.org, there are some other examples of the .muttrc if you follow the links, that have some other intersting stuff with PGP, aliases and the like.

Jim
--
Jim Ray