Re: Java support? (apache + tomcat)

Oh, if you're running slink then that's the problem. Unfortunately the package
doesn't exist in slink, probably because it wasn't packaged until potato was
underway. The jdk package available in slink is called jdk1.1 so 'apt-get install
jdk1.1' should work fine.

BTW, http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages is very helpful for looking up
packages. Also, I've been running potato for a while and it's pretty stable except
that every once in a while a package is submitted which won't install properly. I
deal with this by simply resisting the temptation to daily 'apt-get update; apt-get
dist-upgrade' which it seems so many people do and then moan and groan about how
this or that package doesn't work. If you're willing to put up with this occasional
convenience it's worth going to potato for all those packages you'd really like to
run.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jens.jorgensen@cmgisolutions.com