Re: multiple domain rewrites

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 10:02:55PM -0400, Jim Werster wrote:
> I am using potato.  How do I set up exim if I want to have 3 different
> domains I want rewritten in my From: header?  I'm not talking about
> what I set in .muttrc, I can change that per-user but it has no effect
> on what exim does.  I have users that will use @yahoo.com,
> @mailandnews.com and @freewwweb.com  for outgoing mail.  I understand
> how to do this for one domain in exim.conf but don't understand how to
> finely control  domain rewrites per-user.

In a simple form, you can have a flat file like /etc/email-addresses
that looks like:

jwx23:jwx23@yahoo.com
kachina:kachina@doll.net

and have a rewrite rule (down at the end of exim.conf):

*@*    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
                                                {$value}fail} Frs

The $1 is based on the first asterisk in *@* (so it matches everything
in front), the Flags, Frs, are documented in the exim doc.  For a large
site, you'll probably want to use a hashed file or a DBMS database
lookup.  I understand exim can do that.

?

--
#! /bin/sh