gpm and new kernel

Hello.

I compiled new kernel (2.2.15), and gpm doesn't work now. My previous kernel
was also 2.2.15, and gpm worked out fine. I included mouse support and ps/2
(my mouse is ps/2 mouse)support in kernel, so I can't figure out what I'm
missing. When I start gpm with -D option (which should put it in front),
nothing happens. Also, when I run gpm without -D, no gpm.pid file appears in
/var/run and there is no gpm in ps aux listing. So gpm just doesn't start.
Could someone help?

yours,
Petteri Heinonen
email: h157056@cs.tut.fi