Re: Problem with es1371

>>>>> "Petteri" == Petteri Heinonen <h157056@cs.tut.fi> writes:

Petteri> Hi.  I've compiled new kernel, and made soundcard support as
Petteri> modules. I've SB64PCI card, which I think is preferred as
Petteri> es1371.

What _version_ of the kernel? I've got a card that reports as a
es1371, and (due to changes in the card) it doesn't work with the 2.2
series es1371 driver.

If you get the pciutils .deb, and then do a 'lspci', you should see a
line something like this:

00:0d.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1371 [AudioPCI-97] (rev 07)

If the number after 'rev' is '07', then you need to use the driver
from later 2.3 kernels. I'm running 2.4.0-test1, and it's been pretty
stable -- you might want to give that a go.

HTH,
john.

           [ John S Jacobs Anderson ]------><URL:mailto:jacobs@genehack.org>
[ Genehack: Not your daddy's weblog ]------><URL:http://genehack.org>