how to make custom install cd-s?

How can I make a customized install CD which boots a kernel which I
created and installs a base image which contains the same custom kernel?

It would make it easier to create RAID-root installations.

Afterwards, all one would need to create such installs with an otherwise
regular Debian install is to mount the filesystems manually during the
install, and modify the fstab and lilo.conf manually. Maybe not even that,
if the installer looked at /dev/md? devices as well.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Or is there some other way for that, that I overlooked?

Regards,

Robert Varga