Re: How to rebuild from .deb sources (exim)

I got open ldap and a bunch of other packages and was able to rebuild (except I kept getting complaints about PGP keys at the end; I tried the options to turn off signing, but they didn't seem to take).

Crunch time comes when I try to use the perl I put in. Was there any particular gotcha that caused you to leave it out, or was it just the desire to avoid extra junk? I recall I had to fiddle a little to get it to hook up with perl--specifically it wanted to include all the dbm library variants and I didn't have them all. I imagine that might be a little tricky to automate, since the line is auto-generated in the middle of the build process.

At 05:25 AM 6/25/2000, Mark Baker wrote:
On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 07:01:43PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

> Building lookups.a does depend on LDAP (see
> build-Linux-i386/lookups/Makefile), so I'd guess that installing
> libopenldap-dev will fix your problem.

Yes, that is indeed the solution here.

> >P.S. Can anyone tell me what the story is with /etc/email-address,
> >which I just noticed while poking around the source?  I didn't notice
> >any mention of it in the docs.  Does it work?  Does it affect only
> >mail heading to remote systesm?
>
> It works fine, and yes. It's a Debian addition, and fairly simple, so I
> guess the main documentation won't mention it.

No, the main documentation wouldn't mention it, because it's not part of
exim itself, but implemented as a rewrite rule in the configuration file:
the main documentation would allow you to work out what the rewrite rule did
if you looked at the config file. I guess I should mention it in the
README.debian file.