libssl09

I was going to install "curl-ssl" which I need for another app I want to
use.  Then I found that it requires the "libssl09" package.

However, I've already installed OpenSSL on here from source.

Do I still need the libssl09 package?  I don't see a "Provides" line in
the dpkg -p output that would have helped me figure it out for myself.
If I can get by with OpenSSL I will just make an equivs package to fix
the dependencies.

(Please include me in any reply as I'm not currently on the list.)

Thanks.