Re: Keyboard rate

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 09:20:20AM -0700, Patrick Draper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't set my keyboard rate. I've read every web page out there on
> setting keyboard rates, and I still haven't figured it out yet.

man kbdrate -- though it appears you're onto this.

> They kbdrate program gives me the standard message that it changed the
> rate, but it doesn't actually change anything. The same goes for the
> xset program.

How about telling us:

 - What user you're running as.
 - The text of the command you're running.
 - The text of the output.

Hint -- you need to run as root.

> This problem only happens with Debian. When I run Suse, RedHat, or
> FreeBSD I can change the keyboard rate at will.

On the same hardware?

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>         http://www.netcom.com/~kmself
  Evangelist, Opensales, Inc.                       http://www.opensales.org