Re: HELP! Netscape completely broken by tonight's upgrade!

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 12:17:24AM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> Here's my temporary fix.  I can't imagine what the maintainer was
> thinking here :-(

Every once in a while, i guess they forget to test the changes they
make...

> ! /usr/lib/netscape/$VER \
> ! /usr/lib/netscape/$VER/$BIN ;do

Instead of deleting the above two lines, i believe their purpose is like
this:
 ! /usr/lib/netscape/$VER/wrapper.d \
 ! /usr/lib/netscape/$VER/$BIN/wrapper.d ;do

They seem to have been added as part of a patch to allow sourcing of
extra files particular to the version or binary (nav/comm) in the
startup script.

To prevent errors if these are nonexistant (old versions?) or empty, i
also changed line 277 like this:

 ! 		for f in $((cd $d && ls -1 . | sort)2>/dev/null); do

HTH

--
  finger for GPG public key.