Re: Inconsistent error in ssh installation

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 12:57:04PM -0500, "Carlo U. Segre" <segre@iit.edu> was heard to say:

> I suspect that this is not a bug because it works on some systems but not
> others, however, I am at a loss.  I am typically getting the problem on
> systems which have a relatively fresh frozen installation.
>
> Any ideas?

  On a hunch, when this happened to me, I looked at the file
/var/lib/dpkg/info/ssh.template and found an incongruity: the last two
records aren't separated by a blank line.  I assume that this means that
debconf believes that they're a single record, and thus chokes and dies.
Adding the line back in made the upgrade work again.

  Daniel

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|                      |   "(You see, the best way to solve a problem is to   |