SB 1024 Live not working, *sigh*!

Hello fellow coneheads.

I have a soundblaster 1024 Live, and I cant seem to get it working. I tried
Alsa, but no support was given (I have Potato 2.2, kernel 2.2.14), so I went
to www.alsa.org downloaded the latest alsa drivers and programs, recompiled
tried to install and I get a module dependency error and nothing happens.
No further instructions on how to install (include modules, ...?) are given.

What have I done wrong?.
What is oss, esound, esd? are these alternatives to alsa or other
complements to go with it?

Ultimatley What do I need to get my sb working?, kernel modules? (would a
kernel recompile be enough?) or do I need alsa, or something alike. if so,
what?, and combined (or excluding) what?

Thanks for your time, and happy birthday to anyone who it there birthday!.

Bye, Mark.

Mark Sanchez
a1013@dis.ulpgc.es, mr_jimmybob@yahoo.com.

Unable to mount root file system, Kernel Picnic, try again later (after
lunch maybe;)