Wierd Questions

Hello Group,
I have a few question on debian.
1, If I want to run Ip Masq. will I need to install the package ipmasq? In the past I have just selected it in the kernel. Whats the package for?

2, Im running frozen with kernel 2.2.15 and would like to use the raid mirror option in the kernel. I have selected it but cant seem to find any good help on setting it up. I just want to mirror my drive.How or where can I find info on this?

3, And the last is after installing frozen I have alot of services running at boot. Where can I shut them off so they dont start automacilly?

Thanks Guys

If Windows is the answer, then I want the problems back!