Re: X server error

Max Kamenetsky wrote:
> I just upgraded to the latest version of X in unstable and here's the
> error I get when trying to run startx:
>
> X: server socket directory has suspicious ownership, aborting
> _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
> giving up.
>
> xinit then bombs out and tells me that it cannot connect to the X
> server.  This only started happening after upgrading to the latest
> version of X, namely 3.3.6-8.  Does anyone know of a quick fix?

Well, it ain't much of a fix, but downgrading xserver-common back to 3.3.6-7
got X back up and running here.  I think I'll be holding onto a copy of that
particular version for a little while.  It's about 420k or so - if you need
a copy I can email it to you or something.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
                              |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"
'91 GS500E                    |
Morgantown WV                 |  Only dead fish go with the flow.