Re: Apt and dselect dis-agree what should be done

tavasti@iki.fi (M. Tavasti) wrote:
>cjw44@flatline.org.uk (Colin Watson) writes:
>
>> >automatically marking some packages for install. It's ok for me, but
>> >when it's getting some conflicts, then I'm puzzled, what should I do?
>> Mark them as unselected and override the dependencies with 'Q'?
>
>And next time in dselect, same thing again?

The real solution is to file bugs and get the maintainers to cause the
conflicts no longer to exist (and in the meantime patch them yourself if
necessary), if it isn't possible to resolve them in dselect.

Things like dselect picking up on a Suggests: line should only happen
once.

>Is it possible to get apt working same way as dselect?

As regards Recommends: and Suggests:? Not as far as I know.