Re: LaTeX and HTML (was: SGML beginners question)

Tony <uctpjac@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

|> Yes, I basically agree with that, but getting the document into
|> html as well as ps I have found to be a bore. Last time I tried
|> latex2html on a 100,000 word tex document, it died miserably. Are
|> there better alternatives for producing html from complex latex
|> sources?

I haven't used it a great deal, but the hyperlatex package seems to do
(something like) this reasonably well.

>From the README in the doc directory:

   This is version 2.3 of the Hyperlatex package.  Hyperlatex allows
   you to use a LaTeX-like language to prepare documents in HTML (the
   hypertext markup language used by the world wide web), and, at the
   same time, to produce a fine printed document from your input. You
   can use all of LaTeX's power for the printed output, and you don't
   have to learn a new language for creating hypertext documents.

   Note that Hyperlatex is not meant to translate arbitrary Latex
   files into Html. Rather, it provides an authoring environment for
   writing printed documents and Html documents at the same time,
   using an extended subset of Latex (excluding concepts that have no
   Html counterpart and adding commands for new Html concepts such as
   hyperlinks or included images).

Hyperlatex is a package available both in slink and in frozen,

Jim