Install problem with a nonexistent SCSI adapter

	While installing debian 2.1 for the first time, I was unhappy to find an
error from the install boot. This message freezes the process and my
computer: "NCR53c406a: No ports available" I found that this is a SCSI
adapter, but my machine is SCSI free. Is there any way I can bypass a scsi
probe? I'm booting from the CD, as this box is home-built, and the floppy
drive is really really backordered, so a boot disk is not an option. Please
help. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Processor: Athlon 750, SD11 MB
MEM: 128MB
Video: Elsa Erazor X2
Sound: SB Live Platinum