SSH

Hello Group,
I just installed ssh using apt-get install ssh and after it was installed
ssh says your identification has been saved in /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key. Your
public key has been saved in /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key.pub. Now the question, in
the past I have used ssh_genkey command to generate my RSA key. if I do that
now should I delete all the other keys. I want to use Tera Team Pro on a
windows machine to connect via a secure shell. Everytime I try to connect
after copying the key over I still am not able to connect. I use genkey the
copy it over to authorize_keys and take the identity key to my windows
machine. So what are the steps needed to make this work?
Thanks