Re: Corel package manager

Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> wrote:
> I wonder if anyone was able to get Corel's package manager named
> get_it
> running on a non-Corel installation. Since Corel did change some of
> the KDE
> libraries the other programs included need the Corel Version of
> libkdeui and
> libkdecore I think. But get_it does not work with the KDE packages
> made by
> Stephan Kulow.

Unless you particularly want the Corel package manager, you would be
better off with the Storm version - Storm did not do anything
proprietory to KDE like Corel. The Storm Package Manager is an excellent
piece of work and is a front-end to apt. When you select packages it
fires up a terminal in which apt-get runs. Have a look at
ftp://ftp.stormix.com/pub/storm/dists/potato/main/binary-i386/ where you
will find all the extra Storm packages. They will all work in Potato and
there are also versions for Slink. The package you want is
sl-stormpkg_1.0-1_i386.deb.

Maybe you would be better using apt-get. Add this line to your
/etc/apt/sources.list:
deb ftp://ftp.stormix.com/storm potato main, then do the usuals.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux 2000