Re: Storm vs Slink syslog problem

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 11:33:24AM -0400, Paul McHale wrote:

> I have an older slink system which was replaced by a new storm system.  I
> copied the /etc/syslog.conf file from slink to storm.  My router logs to
> both IPs.  Slink works fine but storm doesn't log any messages.  Directory
> permissions are the same.  Here is the line in my /etc/syslog.conf
>
> local7.*                -/var/log/router/router.log
>
> Does any know if storm has a modified syslog?  Other changes made for
> Sendmail logging work fine.

Is your router the storm box, or is it a seperate box?  If it's
seperate, I'd make sure storm didn't disable remote syslogging (-r
option).  Otherwise, I'd make sure the router sofware is still logging
as local7.

Cheers,

--
Nathan Norman         "Eschew Obfuscation"          Network Engineer
GPG Key ID 1024D/51F98BB7            http://home.midco.net/~nnorman/