Boot kernel in order to test hardware?

	Sometimes I have to build PC's from spare, dusty, marooned 386-486 stuff.
Due to the fact that I don't know if the hardware still runs well, is it a
good idea to run a floppy kernel ten times consecutively, for example, to
take an initial (or decent) idea of the health of the hardware?
	I still remember the quite indicative Kernel Panics in my Pentium, dizzied
by defective electrical installation.

	Thank you Mark Brown and Henrique for your previous guidance, if you read me.

	Best to all list,

	Ignasi

  \______|  els fills abandonats  |_______/

                    from