Kernel oops.

Hello,

I have sent a question concerning some problems I was having
with my machine. As I suspected, the reason was the IDE patch I got
from :

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/

It contains an old version of the ALI V driver (beta2). I got a newer
one (beta3) from:

http://www.ali.com.tw       (look at the drivers section)

and my machine is running happily for five days now.

Therefore I would suggest for all of you who have ALI V boards and
applied the IDE patch from

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/

to consider to upgrade to the beta3 version.

I'll be sending a message to Headrick from kernel.org. So, maybe he'll
also have the newest version in the next kernel release.

Take care,

Paulo.