Re: this is an unsecure session

Roy John Little <rlittle@ciens.ula.ve> wrote:
: I decided to reinitiate the session.  The login prompt with the banner
: background appeared, with the disturbing difference that, instead of
: saying "Debian GNU/Linux" I got "This is an unsecure session," and I
: cannot login now as root or as anyone else.  I have booted from the rescue

I have (sorta) the same problem. It ONLY occurs when I log in with my
techtronix xterminal; logins on the linux box themselves are fine. Also, I
_can_ log in as a regular user, then. Not sure about root, haven't tried.

Any suggestions as to what is the case / how to fix?

Cheers,

   Derk