Scan frequencies on exit from X

Hello everyone,
               I have a small problem when switching from X back to a
virtual terminal or leaving X completely. The machine boots fine and the
monitor frequencies are normal, if I start X, X runs fine, again with
expected horizontal and vertical refresh frequencies to the monitor. The
problem occurs when switching from X to a virtual terminal or exiting X
completely. The horizontal and vertical scan frequencies get set way too
high for the monitor and I can't read the display. Does anyone know what X
uses to set the card up for a virtual terminal switch or when exiting X?
Apart from this everything works fine. This only occured after replacing
the motherboard and processor with a much faster one. I was wondering if X
read the rdev vga value from the kernel or used the vga line in LILO.
Any help would be most appreciated.

Best Regards JohnG

32865e97b5342e762ab140e00f3da23b - Just 'Debian'