Re: Upgrading Storm (slink) to Potato

"voy1d" <voy1d@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> I was using Storm for a while, and I just got so pissed off with the
> fact
> the packages were all wrong that I gave up and went back to Debian.
> But
> yeah, they don't really look after the updates etc, so I wouldn't
> bother
> with it.

Huh? Which packages are all wrong? The current version of Storm is Slink
with a few extra value-added packages like the Storm Package Manager, a
front-end to apt. I installed Storm and have upgraded all the way to
Woody without any problems. Storm uses a slightly customised kernel
which gives frame-buffer support and provides the graphical boot screen,
and a slightly customised lilo to give the graphical boot-manager
screen. You are not forced to use these, and indeed as soon as you
upgrade you lose both features unless you use a new Storm-patched kernel
and put Storm's lilo on hold.

So, you can upgrade your Storm installation exactly as if were plain
Debian, without any problems, and can, if you wish, retain any Storm
features along the way. I really don't see why you have a problem.
Perhaps you could explain more.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux 2000