(help)-Install process hangs after DC390:0 adapters found

Hi all,

I have a really BIG problem with the install process of a 2.1r4 Debian system. I've already managed to install it on 3 computers of mine : Celeron300/32M,486/8M,486/16M. Now I want to install it on my primary system, which is an Athlon650/128M.

But the install process crashes just after "DC390 : 0 adapters found". I have no ctrl+alt+sup, no num/caps leds available, nothing : the computer is frozen. So I decided to take a look at the boot process of my others Debian systems ; after DC390, it always say "failed init/detect of wd-7000 scsi card" _but_ it doesn't_stop, like my primary system. I believe that the wd-7000 is a Western Digital scsi adapter, I'm not sure. The fact is that I have NO scsi adapters on my primary system, see config below :

Athlon650, 128M RAM
no network card
no scsi adapters
MGA Millennium G200 gfx card, 8M/AGP
no sound card
ide :6.4 Go Seagate HDD(primary master), 15 Go IBM HDD(primary slave), 40xCDROM (sec. master).
1.44 floppy drive.

As you can see, there's no "special" item in my config. I've tried a S3 pci video card instead of the G200, a 64M and a 32M SDRAM instead of my 128M one, another cd-rom drive, another floppy drive, boot from the CD or from a floppy -> the system always hangs after DC390(...)...

I've tried numerous boot methods : nosmp, no-hlt, kbd-reset,gdth=disable:y,debug,verbose->system always hangs.

I was wondering if there was a parameter like DC390=no_probe, wd7000=no_probe or something like that ? I've already spent 8 hours on it, and now I'm very tired, I don't know what to do ("wait for a 2.2 cd bwahahaha !" <-NO).

Help would be REALLY REALLY appreciated !
I apologize for my english.
Thanks.

Laurent