Re: impatient upgrage question

I had been equally cautions/timid about upbrading to a nominally unstable
distribution. I have done so and , with a few minor annoyances, have been
successful. Here is my sources.list

# Use for a local mirror - remove the ftp1 http lines for the bits
# your mirror contains.
# deb file:/your/mirror/here/debian stable main contrib non-free
# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
# CDROMs are managed throught the apt-cdrom tool.
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US potato/non-US main contrib non-free

Note the non-US has changed format since slink.

A couple of cautions.

If you have a ps/2 mouse, make sure that in /etc/XF86config it appears in
lower case. Also, unless you like really BIG fonts, place the 75dpi fonts
in front of the 100 dpi fonts. If you have scsi drives do not use the
2.2.15-IDE kernel.

If you use fvwm2, you will have to change a few small items to make fvwm,
its replacement, work well.

Arthur H. Edwards
712 Valencia Dr. NE
Abq. NM 87108