Re: Keeping up2date with 'unstable' without beeing connected to the internet

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 10:57:01AM -0400, Andrew Sullivan wrote :
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 04:35:29PM +0200, Markus Fischer wrote:
>
> > I'm running a few servers and workstation in a private network
> > where I work. For security and variuous policy reasons it's not
> > allowed beeing connected to the internet.
>
> Couldn't you just connect one machine, maybe via dial-up, that is _not_
> connected to your network, and then burn the updated unstable archive on a
> CD-RW say, once a week, and use that as your source?  The internal network
> would never actually be connected to the Net.  Of course, you're still
> downloading unstable, and could in principle be subject to a trojan attack
> that way, but the chances are pretty low, and are no higher than if you
> connected through your home machine and brought in the full archive every
> week.

	That is of course what I want to do. Actually, there is
no difference if its a dial-up standalone pc at work or my cable
connection at home.

	The problem is: how do I know _which_ packages are new
and which do I have to fetch to update my standalone mirror
(without keeping a second mirror at the dial-up/home-cable
machine).

thanks,
	Markus

--