Re: S L O W mailserver

>I have a really slow mail server problem. The guy says it shouldn't be
>slow but it is. I know he is running Red Hat on all his boxes on this
ISP
>and don't know which mailserver he uses for POP3.

On the mail server check whether the MTA is started from inetd. If so,
change that to deamon. I notice that *my* exim is considerably slower
when run from inetd instead of deamon.
Otherwise check the logs for possible problems... (DNS lookups or
whatever)

If other services perform fine, it should really only be mail settings
that need some tweaking...

HTH
Sven