Re: Blinkenlights?

> I cobbled together a kernel module to do this on the parallel port,
> and a python module to drive the driver, plus a python program to
> test it.

Why do you want a kernel module? Can't I just use the 'outb'
command in c (#include "asm/io.h" or so)? of course this requires
root priviliges, but that's probably not a problem when you're even
allowed to stick your own hardware in the parallel port :)

> The parallel port pinout is in the pc-hardware faq on usenet.

I found an easier way: just putting a led and a 470 ohm resistor
(serially) between the data connector and one of the 'ground'
('earth'?) connector of the parallel port.

> > I don't want to kill my serial ports :)
>
> They're the robust ones. Take good care of your parallel port.

Arnout