Re: Error message not understood

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 11:02:23AM -0700, Jay Kelly wrote:
> /etc/cron.daily/suidmanager:
> suidregister: /usr/lib/emacs/20.3/i386-debian-linux-gnu/movemail registered
> but not installed
> Do I need to worry about this and if so how can I fix it?

Nothing to worry about, but the problem appears to be that you have a
binary registered with the suidmanager -- yet the binary itself is gone.
Perhaps the removal script for that package forgot to unregister itself,
might want to check into that.

Anyway if you want to get rid of that message, try the following:

suidunregister /usr/lib/emacs/20.3/i386-debian-linux-gnu/movemail

that should take it out of the /etc/suid.conf (which you could also edit
by hand).

That file looks like part of the "emacs" package, may as well make sure
it's really been removed before you go and unregister that binary.