Re: PDF Writer for Linux ?

Christopher Splinter <chris@splinter.inka.de> writes:

> * Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > do you happen to know whether ps2ascii is safe ?
>
> Look for yourself :-): <your fevorite editor here> `which ps2ascii`

I did. this is the ps2ascii that came with gs 5.5:

#!/bin/sh
# $Id: ps2ascii $
# Extract ASCII text from a PostScript file.  Usage:
#	ps2ascii [infile.ps [outfile.txt]]
# If outfile is omitted, output goes to stdout.
# If both infile and outfile are omitted, ps2ascii acts as a filter,
# reading from stdin and writing on stdout.

trap "rm -f _temp_.err _temp_.out" 0 1 2 15

if ( test $# -eq 0 ) then
	gs -q -dNODISPLAY -dNOBIND -dWRITESYSTEMDICT -dSIMPLE -c save -f ps2ascii.ps - -c quit
elif ( test $# -eq 1 ) then
	gs -q -dNODISPLAY -dNOBIND -dWRITESYSTEMDICT -dSIMPLE -c save -f ps2ascii.ps $1 -c quit
else
	gs -q -dNODISPLAY -dNOBIND -dWRITESYSTEMDICT -dSIMPLE -c save -f ps2ascii.ps $1 -c quit >$2
fi

so -dSAFER is not used (unless it is implied by another flag, such as
-dSIMPLE)..

--
Felix Natter