Re: Is this a bug of potato (2..2.15-2000-06-07)

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 07:49:33AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> I've experienced quite a few problems with setserial interacting badly
> with pcmcia modems. You could also try removing the setserial package, and
> rebooting (have to reboot to get rid of setserial's changes). This makes
> all my laptops work flawlessly.

Interesting, Ben.

I suppose it would cause a problem if it were trying to configure
a serial port that doesn't exist that pcmcia wants to use, i.e.
ttyS1.  On this laptop I have setserial running only to configure
the built-in port at ttyS0 and pcmcia manages ttyS1, no conflicts
here!

- Nate >>

--

 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good