Re: librep problem

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 04:36:58PM -0400, cam_random wrote
> I'm currently trying to install Sawfish, however in order to do so I need librep.  When I've tried to configure librep i keep getting the same error message:
>
> checking for mpz_init in -lgmp... no
> configure: error: cannot find GMP Library
>
> I've installed the gmp library...several times.  any ideas?

Most libraries, libgmp2 included, come in two packages: the
runtime package, required for compiled software that links
against the library, and a development package, required for
building software that links against the library.

>From your mail, it appears that you have installed the
libgmp2 package; have you also installed libgmp2-dev?

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au
john@huiac.apana.org.au