Re: video

> I'm setting up potato on a clone laptop.  My only problem so far is the
> video chipset.  It's a Silicon Motion Lynx family.  Anyone ever heard of it,
> or know how to config the XF86 to use it?
>
> Wayne

I had the same problem with my Viper II - no support for
the Savage 2K chipset. Heck, the DAC setting went only
up to 300MHz (in the XF86Setup utility).

Anyway, you will need to set up a frame buffer device.
That is if the video card supports VESA 2.0 specs. run

locate vesa

or something like it and you should find a directory that
has specs on svga and vesa and how to set up /dev/fb?
for your video card.

Hints:

make sure that you start up with the decimal settings for
the video mode

you can DL the XF86_FBDev driver from the 3.3.3 version.

You will also need source for the kernel to rebuild it
appropriatelly.

Hope this helps,
Adam